10/13/2016

Count the Baby Animals - Such Nice Illustrations

Marguerite Walters wrote this book in 1956 and it was illustrated by another woman - Virginia Plummer. Unfortunately - as is so often the case with writers and illustrators of children's literature - there is hardly any info about them on the Internet.

"Count the Baby Animals" was translated into Danish as "Tæl til ti" (Count to Ten). I loved it then and I love it now. Virginia Plummer had quite a unique style that really make the pictures stand out - both in choice of color in some and the extreme sweetness in others.

I had to scan the cover to show just how much love this book has been given over the years. Like an old cuddly teddy bear.




This last picture is one of my absolute favorites. It's has so much sweetness in it. 
(I adjusted the color to give it the colors it probably had when the book was newly printed in 1973.)

No comments:

Post a Comment